Highly Effective Human Service Managers Program
Many human service organizations are experiencing high levels of employee turnover and/or poor performance, which cripples their ability to meet client needs and consistently achieve outcomes. While training is a popular option, it is often not effective due to the lack of consistent follow through afterwards. The Highly Effective Human Service Managers Program has been created specifically to equip managers at all levels with a comprehensive system that will lead to employees remaining with the agency longer and higher levels of client care being achieved. This program has been created by Tim Nolan, who has personally worked with over 9,000 human service managers and dozens of human service organizations across 20 states. It is unique in that this is a 12-month program that consists of monthly meetings with PowerPoint presentations which correspond to readings from The Essential Handbook for Highly Effective Human Service Mangers, and follow up activities in a specially crafted workbook which will all be provided in your package.
16 agencies are currently using the program: Johnston DSS (NC), Clinical and Support Options (150 managers across 8 sites in MA), Duplin DSS (NC), Shasta County HHS (CA), Jones DSS (NC), Stokes DSS (NC), Children’s Home Society (FL), Dungarvin (2 states), etc.
Benefits of the Program
- Cost effective
- Easy to implement (agency is provided with all materials to implement the program)
- Designed specifically for human service managers (supervisors, managers, directors, etc.)
- Will increase employee commitment, performance, and retention at all levels
- Will increase employee cohesiveness and client care
- 12 months of continuous professional development for participants
- Will improve the culture of your agency
- Minimal time commitment (approximately 1.5 hours per month)
What is Included
- Initial phone conference to discuss implementation of the program and expectations for all participants
- The Essential Handbook for Highly Effective Human Service Managers
- Participant workbook
- 14 specifically designed PowerPoint presentations (30-60 minute length of each meeting)
- 1 Kickoff/introduction meeting
- 12 monthly module meetings
- 1 Conclusion meeting
- Ongoing technical support
Overview of Program
- Monthly meetings are held that revolve around specific chapters of the book (meetings are 45-60 minutes).
- Participants read specific chapters of The Essential Handbook for Highly Effective Human Service Managers before the meeting and come prepared to engage in the discussion and presentation.
- Presentations are provided for each module as well as a facilitator guide. The agency selects someone to facilitate each monthly module meeting
- Participants complete follow up activities in their assigned workbook between each module meeting. This ensures they understand the topics as well as can successfully implement them on a regular basis
- Designed for up to 12-months (12 modules plus an introduction and conclusion meeting). Building successful habits takes approximately 60 days. After two modules participants will be on the road to consistently demonstrating highly effective leadership behaviors that will encourage staff to be more committed to the manager/organization and perform at higher levels. The program can be modified to meet your needs.
- The agency facilitates the monthly module meetings (all information is provided in order to do this).
- The cost of the program is $4,000. This includes 25 books, 25 workbooks, and program materials for up to 25 users. Additional users are only $100 each. Tim Nolan is available to facilitate the kickoff meeting for your agency for an additional $2,000 (plus travel expenses). This is not required. Several agencies have also selected this option.
- Is supported by research: Rittschof and Fortunato (2016) concluded that CPS supervisors that used a transformational leadership approach had workers experience less burnout and higher levels of wanting to remain with the organization (The program uses a transformational leadership approach as its foundation).
- Research support: Williams and Glisson (2014) found that child welfare organizations with positive work cultures equaled better outcomes for children and families (The program will create a more positive, supportive, and responsive culture in your agency).
$5,000 Now $4,000 (up to 25 participants, $100 per user over 25)
All sales are final.